Nordic Art School presents DEEDS – a seminar on Contemporary arts and ethics
Where? At Sokos hotel Kaarle, Kauppatori 4 in Kokkola
When? Tuesday 19th of March from 10 a.m. to 16.45 p.m.
Lecturers from all the Nordic Countries are invited to discuss and illustrate ethical matters and approaches to ethics in contemporary arts.
- Are there any ethical or moral rules in contemporary art? Can an artist do whatever he/she wants in the name of art?
- What ethical decisions have to be made by the artist during the creative process of producing arts? In what way is the artist himself/herself ethically responsible for the artwork and the final product of the creative process?
- Do we need to change our approach on art of today?
- How do different Nordic countries look at the ethical aspects of art? What can we learn from each other?
- How does art education – art schools and academies – deal with ethical issues?
Lecturers are professor Timo Jokela from Finland, curator Sinziana Ravini from Sweden, artist Ósk Vilhjelmsdottir from Iceland and the international artist group Wooloo. A concluding final discussion about ethics in contemporary arts is led by visual artist, DA Jaana Erkkilä.
We warmly welcome you to participate in the seminar, open for everybody sharing interest in arts end ethics.
The spoken language during the day is English.
Announcements by Wednesday 13th of March to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +358 – 6 – 8362120 / secretary of studies Sonja Remell.
Price 25 € including lunch and coffe. Art students and teachers for free, lunch 5 €