APPLICATION IS OPEN 1.5 - 31.5.2018
To be accepted as an applicant you must be over 18 years old or turn 18 the same year as the studies start. Every student is chosen based on their work samples. No specific earlier experience in the art field is needed.
Fill out the application form and add your work samples as attachments. Send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application includes following:
Personal data and contact information
- Photo of yourself
- A personal letter where you tell us about yourself. You can for example tell why you are applying to the Nordic Art School, what expectations you have regarding the art studies, what type of artistic expression or techniques that you are interested in and what inspires you. Max 2000 characters.
- You apply with 5-10 work samples in optional technique, of which at least three must be drawings, sketches or paintings.
- Work samples can for example consist of drawings, paintings, installations, sculptures, photos, videos, graphic prints etc. that you have made yourself.
- Work samples should be sent in digitally as digital photographs (see approved file formats below) or in the form of video/audio clips.
- Keep in mind that the image material should give the best possible picture of your work.
- Following file formats can used: JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF. The images must be no larger than 3MB. Video or audio clips can be linked from example Soundcloud, Vimeo or YouTube. Video and audio clips should be maximum 5 min long per work sample.
- Please save filenames for your work samples as shown: yourfirstname01.jpeg, yourfirstname02.jpeg (or other file format) and so forth. Please make sure that the number on the filename match the number on the Table of Content -sheet.
The work samples are considered by a panel of professional artists.
Advance payment of tuition fee
One school year consists of two semesters, fall and spring. The tuition fee is 790€ per semester. An advance payment (100€) of the tuition fee has to be paid as a confirmation of accepting your studyplace. More information will follow when accepting your place of study.
School start and dates
Autumn term: 30th of August 2017 - 22nd of December 2017
Spring term: 8th of January 2018 - 18th of May 2018
Other short term courses
Please contact the Secretary of Studies with any questions, or to receive applications or further information about any of our programs.
Phone +358 – 40 570 9895 or info(at)nordiskakonstskolan.fi